The development of infant gut health and the immune system is a complex process. Exposure to beneficial bacteria, particularly B. infantis, is critical to infant gut health and immune system development. When B. infantis is introduced and colonized in the infant gut microbiome, it may protect the infant from developing proallergic responses: B. infantis does not antagonize dendritic cells, or antigen-presenting cells, and therefore helps develop an appropriate immune response.1
Evivo (activated B. infantis EVC001, ActiBif®) is a specific strain of B. infantis that is activated, meaning it is able to better utilize human breast milk components to grow and dominate the infant gut microbiome in a unique and superior manner. During our patented fermentation process, Evivo is grown on a substrate that activates the genes that allow it to consume the HMOs in breast milk better than any other gut bacteria. This gives Evivo an extra advantage in the baby’s gut.
Once B. infantis is established in an infant’s gut microbiome, it works to restore and protect the infant in a variety of ways. By outcompeting potential pathogens for growth, it can:
The activated B. infantis strain in Evivo works together with the special carbohydrates, or HMOs, in breast milk to restore the infant gut microbiome to its original, natural state. The unique and superior manner by which Evivo consumes HMOs allows it to protect the gut microbiome.
Feeding Evivo once daily with breast milk can help create a foundation for lifelong health—from the inside out.
1. Tannock GW. Commentary: remembrance of microbes past. Int J Epidemiol. 2005;34:13-15.
2. Bubnov RV, Spivak MY, Lazarenko LM et al. Probiotics and immunity: provisional role for personalized diets and disease prevention. EPMA J. 2015;6(1):14.
3. Fukuda S, Toh H, Hase K et al. Bifidobacteria can protect from enteropathogenic infection through production of acetate. Nature. 2011; 469(7331):543-547.
4. Ewaschuk JB, Diaz H, Meddings L et al. Secreted bioactive factors from Bifidobacterium infantis enhance epithelial cell barrier function. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;295(5): G1025-G1034.
Get the latest updates.
*B. infantis EVC001 out-performs other commercially-available B. infantis strains lacking important functions of the H5 cluster
* excluding Alaska , Hawaii and interternational
Evivo, a live beneficial bacteria, is shipped 2-day delivery to minimize time spent in warmer weather. But don’t worry, Evivo will withstand a wide range of temperatures through the hottest and coldest seasons!
Orders placed after 10:30 am PST Thursday through Sunday, ship the first business day the following week to ensure your Evivo does not sit in the carrier’s delivery truck or facility over the weekend. Overnight orders placed Monday through Thursday before 11:30 am PST ship the same day.
See our FAQs for more information about Orders, Shipping, & Evivo's Return Policy.
Fast. Free Shipping. Learn More.
Notify me when available