3 questions to learn if your baby's gut is healthy.
Evivo™ (activated B. infantis EVC001, ActiBif®) transforms human milk oligosaccharides, or HMOs, to release nutrients for the infant and maximize the growth of beneficial bacteria—critical to building a healthy gut microbiome. Overall, the combination of feeding Evivo along with breast milk restores the infant gut microbiome to its original, natural state—the way it was before the unintended consequences of modern medical practices and lifestyles.
Approximately 15% of the nutrients in breast milk are comprised of HMOs, which are completely indigestible by the infant and often excreted in the absence of specific gut bacteria.1 This results in a loss of nutrients for the baby. Importantly, human milk feeds both the infant and the microbiome, which converts HMOs into usable nutrients for the infant. Evivo is the only activated bacteria to utilize all indigestible HMOs in milk, and does so in a unique and superior manner that allows B. infantis to grow and dominate the gut. Over millions of years, B. infantis has evolved to:
By sequestering the oligosaccharides intracellularly, B. infantis helps to prevent cross-feeding of other less desirable members of the microbiome. Evivo in partnership with human milk is the only probiotic clinically proven to reduce the relative abundance of less desirable microorganisms like E. coli and Clostridium.2 Other organisms, such as Bacteroides and Proteobacteria, are known to produce endotoxins and have been associated with an increased incidence of autoimmune disorders in term infants3 and NEC in newborns.4
Evivo is appropriate for use in infants delivered either vaginally or by C-section. Evivo is gentle on the digestive system and is clinically proven to improve an infant’s stool frequency and quality.5
Evivo (with Activated B. infantis) is a food that helps meet specific dietary needs of infants consuming breast milk as all or part of their diet. Evivo contains no artificial colors, dyes, flavors, or preservatives; is free of additives, and is gluten-free.
Evivo contains B. infantis, a live microorganism, which is specially packaged and cold shipped to preserve activity, freshness, and quality.
1. Smilowitz JT, Lebrilla CB, Mills DA et al. Breast milk oligosaccharides: structure-function relationships in the neonate. Annu Rev Nutr. 2014;34:143-169.
2. Data on file, Evolve BioSystems, Inc.
3. Vatanen T, Kostic AD, d’Hennezel E et al. Variation in microbiome LPS immunogenicity contributes to autoimmunity in humans. Cell. 2016;165(4):842-853.
4. Pammi M, Cope J, Tarr PI et al. Intestinal dysbiosis in preterm infants preceding necrotizing enterocolitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Microbiome. 2017;5(1):31.
5. Smilowitz JT, Moya J, Breck MA et al. Safety and tolerability of Bifidobacterium longum subspecies infantis EVC001 supplementation in healthy term breastfed infants: a phase I clinical trial. BMC Pediatr. 2017;17(1):133. doi: 10.1186/s12887-017-0886-9.
6. Gura T. Nature’s first functional food. Science. 2014;345(6198):747-749.
Get the latest updates.
* excluding Alaska & Hawaii
Evivo, a live beneficial bacteria, is shipped 2-day delivery in an insulated cool-pack to maximize time spent at extreme temperatures. But don’t worry, Evivo will withstand a wide range of temperatures through the hottest and coldest seasons!
See our FAQs for more information about Orders, Shipping, & Evivo's Return Policy.
Fast. Free Shipping. Learn More.
Notify me when available