New parents of breast milk-fed infants are often told to expect between 5 and 8 loose or watery stools each day. Frequent watery stools have coincided with the development of modern lifestyles and medical practices. In the past century, 2 to 3 more solid, pasty, acidic stools are considered the norm.1
Evivo (activated B. infantis EVC001, ActiBif®) given once a day improved stooling frequency and form. While all babies are different, on average, breastfed infants supplemented with Evivo once daily were observed to produce 2 to 3 soft, easy-to-pass, well-formed stools each day.2 Feeding Evivo with breast milk may produce different results for each baby’s stooling patterns.
Evivo dramatically improves the gut biochemistry of infants, creating a protective gut environment.3 As B. infantis colonizes the infant gut, it transforms HMOs to produce lactate and acetate,4,5 which lower the fecal pH and protect against enteropathogens, as well as provide important nutrients and metabolic signaling molecules for the infant. Evivo is clinically proven to restore pH back to healthy historical levels.
1. Tisdall FF and Brown AB. Studies on the acidity (hydrogen ion concentration) of infants’ stools. Am J Dis Child. 1924;27(4):312-331.
2. Smilowitz JT, Moya J, Breck MA et al. Safety and tolerability of Bifidobacterium longum subspecies infantis EVC001 supplementation in healthy term breastfed infants: a phase I clinical trial. BMC pediatrics 2017 17:133.
3. Data on file, Evolve BioSystems, Inc.
4. Pokusaeva K, Fitzgerald GF, van Sinderen D. Carbohydrate metabolism in Bifidobacteria. Genes Nutr. 2011;6(3):285-306.
5. Fukuda S, Toh H, Hase K et al. Bifidobacteria can protect from enteropathogenic infection through production of acetate. Nature. 2011; 469(7331):543-547.
Get the latest updates.
*B. infantis EVC001 out-performs other commercially-available B. infantis strains lacking important functions of the H5 cluster
* excluding Alaska , Hawaii and interternational
Evivo, a live beneficial bacteria, is shipped 2-day delivery in an insulated cool-pack to maximize time spent at extreme temperatures. But don’t worry, Evivo will withstand a wide range of temperatures through the hottest and coldest seasons!
Orders placed after 11:30 am PST Wednesday through Sunday, ship the first business day the following week to ensure your Evivo does not sit in the carrier’s delivery truck or facility over the weekend. Overnight orders placed Monday through Thursday before 11:30 am PST ship the same day.
See our FAQs for more information about Orders, Shipping, & Evivo's Return Policy.
Fast. Free Shipping. Learn More.
Notify me when available